1.Project Name: ReTreat Gelato & Sorbet – http://www.retreatbvi.com
2.Designer Company Name: Jess Glebe Design
4.Business Contact: website: jessicaglebe.com/contact Instagram: @jessglebedesign
5. Please give us a brief history of your business and some of the services you provide.
We believe branding agencies, regardless of their size, should be equally as passionate about their projects as their clients are; therefore, we personally commit ourselves to each project we undertake as if it were our own.
Jess Glebe Design has been heavily involved in various award-winning branding and package design initiatives since 2006. Recently, our designs for State Street Honey and Hotel Hive were awarded prestigious GD USA awards for both logo and package design, and our Break the Mold Chocolate packaging was awarded The Dieline’s 2017 Neenah Paper Award.
Through the years, we’ve enjoyed working for companies large and small on a variety of initiatives — from logos, branding, and copywriting, to advertising and package design. We’re proud to note that many of our clients were referred to us from past clients, which we attribute to a job well done.
6. Our favorite element of your card is the splattering of color. It pairs up perfectly with the Heavy Aquarelle paper you chose. Do you have any advice for those who are trying to pair their design with the best paper?
We chose the Heavy Aquarelle paper for the natural, toothy texture it provides, as well as its innate watercolor look. The splattering of printed color feels even more authentic with this paper stock, appearing as if each card were painted by hand.
ReTreat® specializes in artisanal gelato, sorbet, and confections crafted from all-natural, gluten-free ingredients. A key value of the ReTreat® brand is the company’s use of high-quality, seasonal ingredients local to the island of Tortola and the Caribbean at large. Thus, the use of a paper stock with a natural texture was essential to the character of the brand.
7. What made you choose Heavy Aquarelle?
Heavy Aquarelle is sturdy and durable. Not only will it stand the test of time, it compliments the black raised ink treatment and holds ink beautifully.
8. We love the Black Raised Ink on the ‘Retreat’. What was your motivation for choosing this specific finishing option?
While the textured matte of the Heavy Aquarelle paper stock allows us to communicate ReTreat®’s all-natural and authentic brand attributes, we didn’t want the logo to take second stage; therefore, the glossy, black raised ink helps the logo pop on the card in contrast to the paper stock. The ReTreat® brand is located on the British Virgin Island of Tortola and is essentially a paradise all on its own, surrounded by water, so the glossy raised ink subtly evokes the reflective and glistening nature of the sea. This touch of “shine,” though small, is effective.
9. What made you choose MorningPrint?
We’ve used MorningPrint in the past for many of our clients and find both the quality and value of your services to be well worth the investment. Plus, your customer service is always top-notch.
10. How was your experience with MorningPrint? Would you recommend us to others?Absolutely! Always have and will continue to do so. We love working with MorningPrint. You’ve printed so many great pieces of collateral for us and so many of our clients, and we will continue to recommend and use your services as much as possible. Thank you!