- Name: Natalie Forder
- Company Name: Lost Kiwi Designs
- Website: www.lostkiwidesigns.com
- Business Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please give a brief history of your business and some of the services you provide.
I am a young, but vibrant business with roots in Graphic Design. I started a jewelry label as an extension of my business and have never looked back! I still offer graphic design solutions for startups but have found my passion in the creation of truly unique accessories inspired by tranquility, minimalism and living the slow life.
- After looking at your cards, it is clear you incorporated your branding into your card. Can you discuss your branding between all the cards?
My whole branding really comes together in a vibrant display mimicking the rainbows of colours one can expect from my shop. I made the watercolour myself to create the textures and offset it with the clean, fine lines of the gold foiling for a fresh and modern look.
- Why did you choose this specific size, European size, for the business card?
When it came to sizing, I went with the size that is most popular in Australia. It just so happens that the size is large and able to fit a great amount of detail on, offering a perfect canvas to work with.
- The kiwi logo is so charming. How did you come up with the design of a geometric bird?
My little origami kiwi is a fusion design piece bringing two worlds together that inform my creations. It is a cute expression of myself as a kiwi and the Japanese influences from my travels that influence my growth as an accessories artist.
- What is the backstory behind your business’ name, ‘Lost Kiwi Designs’?
I am a New Zealander at heart but have found life to be full of crazy adventures that have driven me to where I am today. I have always embraced getting lost and have found it a constant theme in a lot of my creative processes.I take all my inspiration from my adventures and enjoy supporting artists wherever I may get lost.
- Why did you choose Glossy Gold Foiling?
This was a hard decision. I ended up with glossy gold foiling after picking up on some themes in my shop. I have quite a few gold pieces in my shop and find the colour stands out beautifully.
- What was the reason behind choosing our Nouveau?
I have always loved paper as you an see by some of my paper jewelry. I wanted a luxury uncoated paper that woudl represent the vivid colours of my design but is soft to the touch. Nouveau is just a joy to hold.
- You have several different cards and also stickers made with us. What are the uses for those different products?
My product packaging is essentially a double sided business card! It saves on costs for my small business but doesn’t sacrifice quality. I got a bit creative and also created triangular cards that fit two on a business card, then I just cut them down. The stickers are used on my bags as well as sealing shipped products. It just strengthens the brand nicely and makes me that much more proud of my product.
- What made you choose MorningPrint?
I used to have a domestic printer, but their customer service and turnaround were shocking! I moved to getting my works printed in Europe as they offered the convenience, customer service and fast shipping but ultimately I had very little options for my designs through them. I found MorningPrint before my Christmas rush and absolutely love everything you offer and the options my designs now have.
- How was your experience with MorningPrint? Would you recommend us to others?
I have already sent all the people that come my way for printing to you. I am ahead of the ball on that one!