- Name: Tina Ross
- Company Name: Soda Back
- Website: www.sodaback.com
- Business Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please give us a brief history of your business and some of the services you provide.
We specialize in graphic design and marketing for hospitality and beverage companies. These types of businesses are our primary focus as we have a background in event planning and bartending. We provide logo (brand identity), menu, business cards, event flyer design and more! This particularly wedding-invitation set was done for a bar consultant colleague and his fiance.
- What was the goal of your design?
The wedding invitations we did for Sarah and Aaron were meant to capture the spirit of their celebration in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. The textures and colors pull directly from the buildings and flowers of the city. The map on the backside is an abstract representation of the location and energy of the wedding festivities.
- Why did you choose the Standard Coated papers?
They are a true matte finish with durability and great ink absorption. Colors are always very vivid and rich!
- Our favorite part of your design is the map on the back of the Parade Card. How did you create that effect for the back of the card?
The map was created from a rough sketch of a city map that was altered in proportions to include all the wedding festivities. The affects and textures were created using watercolor and paint brushes in Adobe Illustrator. The couple asked for special elements such as the bride and groom, plants and flowers and their two pups. These tiny details made the map feel truly customized and special.
- We have never seen a black wedding never seen a black wedding invitation set, and yet it works beautifully. How did you decide on the color pattern, including Matte Gold Foil of the invitation and parade card?
The couple wanted a richness and colorful celebratory mood to their wedding invitation set. Matte Gold Foil was an absolute must to give the invitation a little bit of polish. The colors come naturally from the Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel cathedral and surrounding architecture of the city of San Miguel de Allende. The black seemed like a no-brainer that gave this invitation a rich contrast and helped make it feel more personal, more like them and less like other wedding invitations you see.
- What made you choose MorningPrint?
I’ve used Morning Print for the last 5-6 years. Their paper quality is the main reason that I love them, plus the ability for metallic foils and spot UV. They are absolutely my go to for an affordable and beautiful business card or flyer.
- How was your experience with MorningPrint? Would you recommend us to others?
My experience was great. I did have some difficulty uploading larger files to their website (the wedding map file) but was able to dropbox them to their team, and they added the files to my order.
Yes, I would definitely recommend MorningPrint.